Health Officials Confirm Man Likely Got ‘Brain-Eating Amoeba’ at Texas Resort

Article 0 Comments A New Jersey man who died from a rare “brain-eating amoeba” was likely exposed to it during his visit to a Texas water resort last month, health officials said. The Waco-McLennan County Public Health District said testing done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found […]

After ‘Brain-Eating Amoeba’ Death, Texas Surf Resort Closed for Testing

Article 0 Comments A landlocked surf resort in Central Texas closed on Sept. 23 after a man who visited died from what is commonly known to as a “brain-eating amoeba.” The Waco Tribune-Herald reports Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is testing BSR Cable Park’s Surf Resort for Naegleria (nee-GLEHR’-yah) […]